Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proposal: Roman world travel guide
Nice site, but I say one more direct, as for example, I would go to Tarbes (France) This weekend, and I want to know what museums have roman things, where are roman remains, and when do they open.

Or if nearby is a museum with a gallic B helmet, because I want to see one...

And all this is clearly showed by map, if there is a nearby place of interest or so...

This kind of info, would be created in a sort of wikimap with tags (Well, I supposse that this is possible) and you can write about your city´s museums, or places, some things that are hard to find, as for example, the armoury mseum of my city has got some Antiquity weapons, almost unknown. If anyone see the picture, or reads the description and is interested, he can know where to go.

We the people from RAT we know a looong list of such places, and we can do a looong database-list-map of such places. And there is also the possibility of contacting RAT members from that city, proud and wishing to show the museums....

I think it can be done with little effort, It can spread the existence and the quality of some museums, and could encourage the research and the friendship between the people interested in Rome.
-This new learning amazes me, Sir Bedevere. Explain again how
sheep´s bladders may be employed to prevent earthquakes.
[Image: escudocopia.jpg]Iagoba Ferreira Benito, member of Cohors Prima Gallica
and current Medieval Martial Arts teacher of Comilitium Sacrae Ensis, fencing club.

Messages In This Thread
Proposal: Roman world travel guide - by Iagoba - 11-07-2007, 05:42 PM
Re: Proposal: Roman world travel guide - by Iagoba - 11-07-2007, 06:58 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Proposal: Guide for those new to reenacting M.H. White 17 11,780 04-18-2008, 10:53 PM
Last Post: M. Demetrius
  Proposal Open Office Roman Dictionary ? Chance1234 17 12,004 10-06-2007, 09:44 AM
Last Post: Chance1234