Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RAT Conference 2014 - Decision on Location
In the old thread http://www.romanarmytalk.com/1-round-tab...where.html we had a poll which came not to a clear decision, also because people voted who then would not really attend. So now I would like to ask you all just to vote only if you really would like to attend the Conference (of course in the end this depends also on the date) and do not make any fun votes, please. Since this poll does not offer a multiple choice vote for your preference but this hopefully does not mean you would not attend if the Conference takes place at a different location. You could state in the thread if you would like to go to any other place as well.
I voted for Leiden, because I haven't been there yet and it is easily to get there by train from my place. But I definitely would like to go to all the options stated in the poll since they all seem very interesting to me. And if it will be some place in England I even would like to extend my stay and make some vacation in England.
I could go to Trier, but coming from Hungary, mid or eastern Germany is the best for me.
Mark - Legio Leonum Valentiniani
i have voted for a place I am interested in visiting, but all of them are interesting and worth visiting. I hope i will manage this year! (or next, to be accurate)
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
I voted for Trier again as I have always wanted to visit the impressive remains. Hope to see you there Byron!

Graham.
"Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream" Edgar Allan Poe.

"Every brush-stroke is torn from my body" The Rebel, Tony Hancock.

"..I sweated in that damn dirty armor....TWENTY YEARS!', Charlton Heston, The Warlord.
So Trier, then?
Christian K.

No reconstruendum => No reconstruction.

Ut desint vires, tamen est laudanda voluntas.
Quote:So Trier, then?

Guess so :-) If you want I could assist you in putting up together a program which museums to visit etc. I could also ask a friend who lives in the South-West if he could help me maybe finding a lecture room etc.
It has been some time since we last discussed this thing. Trier it will be, but I think it might be time to start planning and go ahead with fixing the date of the conference.
Should we do it in April again? The IRM seems to be in the first weekend of the month (April 5th, 6th). So that will leave the next 3 weekends open. Shall I set up a poll to set the date.
ALA I BATAVORUM
5-9th April is also the Roman Army School in Durham.

Graham.
"Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream" Edgar Allan Poe.

"Every brush-stroke is torn from my body" The Rebel, Tony Hancock.

"..I sweated in that damn dirty armor....TWENTY YEARS!', Charlton Heston, The Warlord.
As a "pleb", I was eager to go to last years conference. It did not happen as the dates were moved, my holidays from work can not be moved. Infexible due to driving for a living. The distance is also an issue A good confirmation this year, before January, would enable myself, and maybe more to attend.
Kevin
Kevin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RAT conference 2014 (Trier) - which weekend jvrjenivs 23 26,779 04-04-2014, 07:40 AM
Last Post: jvrjenivs
  RAT Conference 2014 - Where? Medusa Gladiatrix 34 11,796 05-21-2013, 12:36 PM
Last Post: Robert Vermaat
  RAT conference location Poll jvrjenivs 28 13,580 05-01-2012, 11:25 AM
Last Post: jvrjenivs