• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Show your Roman artwork
Very nice indeed.

Cheers

Geoff
Quote:Very nice indeed.

Cheers

Geoff

Thanks Geoff.You can see something more from me although not only roman related here:
http://amelianvs.deviantart.com/
Quote:
Pavel AMELIANVS post=317955 Wrote:That is quite possible,I've used as my base photo from some late roman battle event,probably of comitatus group.
Judging by the shields and the pose, my guess would be Britannia!

Yes looks like one of our Sheild wall clashes for sure.

Excellent work Pavel, good dynamism in your work and interesting subject matter.
Marc Byrne
Quote:
Robert Vermaat post=318004 Wrote:
Pavel AMELIANVS post=317955 Wrote:That is quite possible,I've used as my base photo from some late roman battle event,probably of comitatus group.
Judging by the shields and the pose, my guess would be Britannia!

Yes looks like one of our Sheild wall clashes for sure.

Excellent work Pavel, good dynamism in your work and interesting subject matter.

Thanks Smile...and here's the original

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Yes that's Britannia at Old Sarum in 2010 I believe. See a certain well known poster on here lurking in the back ground as well.
Marc Byrne
[attachment=4952]CornutiSeniores.jpg[/attachment]
This is quite possibly my best Drawing I've ever done: A member of the Cornuti Seniores, I never really plan out my drawings, so I didn't put him in a battle stance or anything, I just worked with the flow of the way fabric (And chainmail) flowed as I drew it.

So finally this topic stop to be my personal playground Big Grin Cornuti Seniores have one of my favorite shield patterns.
Quote:So finally this topic stop to be my personal playground Big Grin Cornuti Seniores have one of my favorite shield patterns.

Yes, that's why I like them. The Quinta V I find Appealing as well.

Your Artwork far surpasses mine though; I can't paint xD.
2 more of mine:
Yes, this is what I do in math class.
[attachment=6002]IMG_0001.jpg[/attachment]
This one is another Cornuti Seniores. Kinda sketched this out while learning parent functions and decided to go all the way

[attachment=6003]IMG_0002.jpg[/attachment]
Byzantine Paramonos. Did this one about a week ago while experimenting with drawing different medieval armor pieces. Based the chestpiece off a photo from the "show your byzzie re-enactment photos thread."

Nice sketches Evan.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Here's some new painted reenactment-most of it based on photos of various groups(not Roman-only) so if anyone identifies himself, it's not a coincidence :wink:.

The Emperor is meant to be Basil II.I read with multiple authors that he was in fact
red-haired but they never stated which source they have this from and I always imagined him this way with black hair.Does anyone know know where it is written Ive never encounter this in anything more or less contemporary?I mean medieval sources.

Anglo-Saxons and Visigothic noble from the beginning of the 5th century.

Really good work Pavel! Looking foreword to see Your new drawings.
Awesome. What kind of style of painting is that, btw?