Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finished Linothorax
I figured I would start another thread for my finished linothorax. I also thought some of you might also add you own pics of your finished armor so we had pics of various linothorax in one nice neat thread. Well, here is the sumation of several hundred hours of work.

It is both glued and hand sewn.

[Image: Linothorax006a.jpg]

[Image: Linothorax011a.jpg]

[Image: Linothorax008a.jpg]
"A wise man learns from his mistakes, but the truly wise man learns from the mistakes of others."
Chris Boatcallie
[Image: Linothorax009a.jpg]

[Image: Linothorax007a.jpg]

[Image: Linothorax010a.jpg]
"A wise man learns from his mistakes, but the truly wise man learns from the mistakes of others."
Chris Boatcallie
In my haste to get pictures I failed to rotate it on my body to the right position. It looks a little off center to the back, but it fits right once I adjust it.

[Image: Linothorax002a.jpg]

[Image: Linothorax003a.jpg]

[Image: Linothorax004a.jpg]
Chris Boatcallie
[Image: Linothorax001a.jpg]

[Image: Linothorax005a.jpg]
Chris Boatcallie
Excellent piece of kit Big Grin D
Regards Brennivs Big Grin
Woe Ye The Vanquished
                     Brennvs 390 BC
When you have all this why do you envy our mud huts
                     Caratacvs
Centvrio Princeps Brennivs COH I Dacorivm (Roma Antiqvia)
It looks fantastic. How many layers of leashes did you used?
Kallimachos a.k.a. Kurt

Athina Itonia
[Image: smallsun1.gif]
[url=http://www.hetairoi.de:4a9q46ao][/url]
Very nice. Laudes!
Qui plus fait, miex vault.
Thanks. The helmet is new Gioi. I am going to line it and make a high alternating white/black crest with a braided tail. I'll put pics in the impression thread once it is done. That is seriously my last project for a LONGGGG TIME. :lol:

No..........Seriously it is!
Chris Boatcallie
An outstanding piece of work. Laudes are in order.(if I knew how Big Grin )
I figured it out. :oops:
Jon R.
There are no real truths, just stories. (Zuni)
Confusedhock: Alright, how much $$$ for you to make me one (with a few modifications of course!)? Wink
Michael D. Hafer [aka Mythos Ruler, aka eX | Vesper]
In peace men bury their fathers. In war men bury their sons.
OK,Chris,what to say! Laudes from me wholeheartedly. Damn,how much greater bronze looks to brass! It is excellent. Don't forget to port pics with your new shield,too!
You are very lucky,your helmet came in one of the best qualities I've seen. In good shape and it fits nice it seems. Lightly painted and with high crest will look very nice!
Khaire
Giannis
Giannis K. Hoplite
a.k.a.:Giannis Kadoglou
a.k.a.:Thorax
[Image: -side-1.gif]
That is a very cool set of Kit Chris!
The quality of the details are outstanding......! 8)
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Fantastic work, Chris Confusedhock: !! Is the chalcidian helmet made by Manning Imperial? It looks too good to be made by Deepeeka...
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
[Image: fectio.png]
No. It is a Deepeeka Chalcidian. I will put more pics up of it once I get it lined and a crest on it. Should take a week or two.
Chris Boatcallie
Great job. How is your chiton secured, pins or buttons? Do pins chafe under the yoke?
Paul M. Bardunias
MODERATOR: [url:2dqwu8yc]http://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/viewtopic.php?t=4100[/url]
A Spartan, being asked a question, answered "No." And when the questioner said, "You lie," the Spartan said, "You see, then, that it is stupid of you to ask questions to which you already know the answer!"