Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New recruits
Hi,

I'm interested in doing roman reenactment with my bf. Still trying to decide what sort of character he will be. The costs are very expensive.

I'm 24, female, and I live near Toronto, Ontario, Canada. I'm a student.

Thanks for hosting this forum Smile
Stephanie
Quote:The costs are very expensive.

Salve Twilight/Stephanie. Costs can be expensive up front if you do the full military impression, but you can start with smaller kit and work up. Here in Legio XX in northern Virginia we've expanded the civilian side so you can portray all kinds of civilian lifestyles and work. Just a tunic and shoes of some kind would get you started with us. I think Matt's Legio XXX up there in your neighborhood can do the same.
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
Quote:North East Tennessee

There is a group in Tennesee [url:29b7o001]http://web.utk.edu/~cohprima/[/url] run by Robert Wear. You might contact them as they do incredible work.
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
Quote:Hello,my name is Kurt
I am from Vienna,Austria,Europe,Earth
For more than ten years i'm a member of Exercitus Pannonia Superior,our primetime is the 1st C.AD. ,but a lot of us are spread from the early Republik up to the late 4thC.
My "Jobs" in our Legio are a regular Miles,somtimes a syrian Archer and most of the time the Blacksmith of our group.
Since last year i'm one of the founders of the Triballi-Thrakoi,a bunch of peltasts.
Sometimes i'm wearing a blue Frockcoat from the American Civil War.(Yes,there are also some Civil War Reenactors in Austria!)

I'm seeking for a good time and a lot of new(and some old) Infos here in the Forum!

Servas Kurt! Na, endlich a do? :mrgreen: Big Grin
Stephan Eitler
WAR CHUNNI ( http://www.awaren.net )
et
ERGASTERION BOSPOROU ( https://www.facebook.com/GensDanubiusEtP...us?fref=ts )
et
HETAIROI ( www.hetairoi.de )
Quote:Costs can be expensive up front if you do the full military impression, but you can start with smaller kit and work up. Here in Legio XX in northern Virginia we've expanded the civilian side so you can portray all kinds of civilian lifestyles and work.

Ah, but then I would have to find some way to convince him to *not* play a soldier. Not an easy task lol.

I want to play an ancilla :wink:
Stephanie
Quote:Ah, but then I would have to find some way to convince him to *not* play a soldier. Not an easy task lol.

It's not to convince him to *not* play a Roman soldier, but to tell him to play *not yet* a (fully equipped) Roman soldier.
ALA I BATAVORUM
Quote:It's not to convince him to *not* play a Roman soldier, but to tell him to play *not yet* a (fully equipped) Roman soldier.

Any suggestions on what might tide him over? He has the heart of a soldier.
Stephanie
Hey Steph,

I'm just a little around the bend of the lake from you...just west of Niagara Falls. I have 3 members in Toronto though that you guys could meet up with and car pool to our meetings if you are interested. How tall/big is your b/f? I have a complete set of loaner gear, that he could get started with as he works on his kit.

I see you're thinking of doing an auxilliary? I'd have no issue with a female portraying a soldier, if you can hide your feminine attributes (not hard to do in armour and helmet). OR you could do a female warrior, there are historical examples of those too!

Here's my website: http://www.romanarmy.com/legioiiiiff/

OR you can email me at matt_lanteigne AT cogeco DOT ca

Hope to hear from you!

Legion: TBD
Quote:Hey Steph,

Hope to hear from you!

Awesome. Sent you an email Smile
Stephanie
Got it. Smile

Legion: TBD
Hello everyone!

My name is Arthur, I’m from Warsaw, Poland. I’m not a legionnaire, I never wanted to be one and probably I’ll never will. Nevertheless legions make my living, cause as a slave dealer I’m relying on their (maybe yours quite soon …?) accomplishments. So far I’d been limited to local market opportunities only, but this spring I feel like it’s a good time to extend my activity elsewhere. My friends from Poland, who already are registered here asked me several times when, not if, I’m going to register here, so my dear colleagues - this present and those in spe - welcome. Last but not least: my real occupation. I’m working in a press office, so honesty is my second business name.
Hi Arthur,

Welcome to the forum. Always nice to know a good dealer. I might have some Saxons for you - or from Gaul if you can wait until summer. :wink:

For now, could you add your name to your signature (So far, so good, so what ?!)? Forum rules.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
yeah i didnt post here when i first joined sorry

I am Dan
I am from Columbus Ohio
i have gotten into the roman history because i recently found out my fathers side of the family dates back to the period, and i played alot of games that involve it
i do not do Reenacting YET! i am a student currently

i go to a tech school for Interactive media Design *IMD*
what we learn in there are
Web/Graphic Design
3d Modeling
Animation
Audio
Video
Photography
Computer technology
Dan DeLuca

ROMA VICTOR!

S.P.Q.R
Hi Marc Byrne from Surrey, UK here. Been a member of Britannia (Late Roman/Gladiatorial re-enactment) for three years now. Often lurk and browse the sight during my lunch hour so thought it was time to 'officially post'.
Marc Byrne
Quote:Hi Marc Byrne from Surrey, UK here. Been a member of Britannia (Late Roman/Gladiatorial re-enactment) for three years now. Often lurk and browse the sight during my lunch hour so thought it was time to 'officially post'.

Hello mate!
"Medicus" Matt Bunker

[size=150:1m4mc8o1]WURSTWASSER![/size]