Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great “glueâ€
I like keeping my liner seperate from my helmet, that way when it stinks, i can wash it. Big Grin

Legion: TBD
I've had success using shellac, rosin and hide glue to affix padding to steel, brass and bronze. "Paint" both surfaces, let them get tacky.

Trick is to make sure the helmet surface is clean!!

Ulitimately we prefer to use a liner than can function as a cap!
Hibernicus

LEGIO IX HISPANA, USA

You cannot dig ditches in a toga!

[url:194jujcw]http://www.legio-ix-hispana.org[/url]
A nationwide club with chapters across N America
Quote:Ulitimately we prefer to use a liner than can function as a cap!

So do I. Smile
Jef Pinceel
a.k.a.
Marcvs Mvmmivs Falco

LEG XI CPF vzw
>Q SER FEST
www.LEGIOXI.be
Are you close to finishing your helm ? I am interested in seeing the finished result. 8)
James Kell ey Never Trust a Fart
@Antonivs, can you possibly pm me pictures of the helmet in it's early phases? I have a $34 cheap corinthian i got on ebay I would be eager to modify; I had drawn up CAD drawings to make it into a montefortino but I would also be interested in making it into an attic.

@Palaemon, don't forget to add your real name to your sig, one of the other guys is sure to mention it sooner or later! :wink:
"Marcus Hortensius Castus"
or, to those interested,
"Kyle Horton"

formerly Horton III
Quote:Ulitimately we prefer to use a liner than can function as a cap!

Yup, I totally agree however, along with my arming cap, I needed more padding in the center and of course on the cheek guards.

Quote:Are you close to finishing your helm ? I am interested in seeing the finished result

My attic helmet is almost complete, a few more 'this & thats' along with having to dye new ostrich feathers (the bone head on EBay sold me red feathers that ran when wet)… and I’m ready.
Vale!

Antonivs Marivs Congianocvs
aka_ANTH0NY_C0NGIAN0

My ancient coin collection:
[url:3lgwsbe7]http://www.congiano.com/MyCoins/index.htm[/url]