Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The new Manning scale helmet
Quote:Elaine's helmet reminds me to one of these constructions from the exhibition "Bunte Götter":
[Image: O%2009%20-%20Gl.%20090%20detail%20III.gif]

Indeed, I believe that's what it was based on.

Australia, the centre of the world! :lol: - In your Dreamtime!
Quote:
Hadrian:231ef74m Wrote:Elaine's helmet reminds me to one of these constructions from the exhibition "Bunte Götter":

Nope, that's a reconstruction that was done by using UV light to illuminate the original paint underneath on the sculpture.
Ruben

He had with him the selfsame rifle you see with him now, all mounted in german silver and the name that he\'d give it set with silver wire under the checkpiece in latin: Et In Arcadia Ego. Common enough for a man to name his gun. His is the first and only ever I seen with an inscription from the classics. - Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian
I thing if you added a crest to the manning one it would change a lot of the look of the helmet. I think would look a lot like the Achilles one Zeondoros posted with the crest.

Ruben I saw a great article in one of the Archaeological magazines about UV and the use colour in the ancient work, it was amazing. So much colour.

Egforth I guess we are at the centre of our world map but sure every ones maps different, I would guess. Big Grin
Quote:Ruben I saw a great article in one of the Archaeological magazines about UV and the use colour in the ancient work, it was amazing. So much colour.

I know, it really is amazing... I'm hoping they can do more work with it soon Smile .
Ruben

He had with him the selfsame rifle you see with him now, all mounted in german silver and the name that he\'d give it set with silver wire under the checkpiece in latin: Et In Arcadia Ego. Common enough for a man to name his gun. His is the first and only ever I seen with an inscription from the classics. - Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian
Quote:
paulaallen:1gq0t823 Wrote:
Hadrian:1gq0t823 Wrote:Elaine's helmet reminds me to one of these constructions from the exhibition "Bunte Götter":

Nope, that's a reconstruction that was done by using UV light to illuminate the original paint underneath on the sculpture.

No no no, Ruben! I was saying Elaine's helmet was based on the work in "Bunte Goette"! Specifically, the piece in the picture provided by Hadrian.
Quote:
MeinPanzer:1khdfe8a Wrote:
paulaallen:1khdfe8a Wrote:
Hadrian:1khdfe8a Wrote:Elaine's helmet reminds me to one of these constructions from the exhibition "Bunte Götter":

No no no, Ruben! I was saying Elaine's helmet was based on the work in "Bunte Goette"! Specifically, the piece in the picture provided by Hadrian.

:oops: My mistake... sorry.
Ruben