Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Southern California Burns
Monster wild fire west of Palm Springs California
Killed 4 firefighters, set by arsonist, some homes are toast.. .. out of control. driven by warm winds out of the east..

The sky in San Diego is brown and orange and some soot is falling.. we're about 100 miles or about 150 K away.

Sunset is spectacular...massive orange sun.. kinda like a pumpkin

'
Hibernicus

LEGIO IX HISPANA, USA

You cannot dig ditches in a toga!

[url:194jujcw]http://www.legio-ix-hispana.org[/url]
A nationwide club with chapters across N America
Typical Mediterranean climate burns... Sad
[Image: 120px-Septimani_seniores_shield_pattern.svg.png] [Image: Estalada.gif]
Ivan Perelló
[size=150:iu1l6t4o]Credo in Spatham, Corvus sum bellorum[/size]
Rain.
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
I live near the mountains in southern california, and about every 5 – 10 years there’s a fire and they burn. It common practice for the people that live fairly close to drive near the base with their cars and trucks and throw tailgate parties. They pull out their lounge chairs, blast the music and watch the fires rage along the mountains. The fire department keeps us back at a safe distance but at night, its one big personal campfire. The streets are closed; people are walking back and forth, some barbeque, everyone’s having a good old time.
Steve
Everyone except those in RV parks who can't get out... Sad

And my prayer is for a speedy control of the fire, and a speedy apprehension of the arsonist.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Quote:I live near the mountains in southern california, and about every 5 – 10 years there’s a fire and they burn. It common practice for the people that live fairly close to drive near the base with their cars and trucks and throw tail parties. They pull out their lounge chairs, blast the music and watch the fires rage along the mountains. The fire department keeps us back at a safe distance but at night, its one big personal campfire. The streets are closed; people are walking back and forth, some barbeque, everyone’s having a good old time.
Sounds much like Nero throwing a party while Rome burned!! Confusedhock:
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Quote:I live near the mountains in southern california, and about every 5 – 10 years there’s a fire and they burn. It common practice for the people that live fairly close to drive near the base with their cars and trucks and throw tail parties. They pull out their lounge chairs, blast the music and watch the fires rage along the mountains. The fire department keeps us back at a safe distance but at night, its one big personal campfire. The streets are closed; people are walking back and forth, some barbeque, everyone’s having a good old time.

You all celebrate people's houses burining down? Wow, you guys are so cool. :roll:
Eric

Brush-Popper extraordinaire
Quote:
Steve Sarak:mrcucgqo Wrote:I live near the mountains in southern california, and about every 5 – 10 years there’s a fire and they burn. It common practice for the people that live fairly close to drive near the base with their cars and trucks and throw tail parties. They pull out their lounge chairs, blast the music and watch the fires rage along the mountains. The fire department keeps us back at a safe distance but at night, its one big personal campfire. The streets are closed; people are walking back and forth, some barbeque, everyone’s having a good old time.

You all celebrate people's houses burining down? Wow, you guys are so cool. :roll:

Wow, I'm surprised that you'd say that without even asking which mountains. You make it sound as if we have no regard for people’s welfare.

The only homes or RV parks in the Mountains near me are two or three mountains deep inside, and those have multiple ways out. When the outside mountain burns, there’s no property damage. The fire department puts out the fire before it runs inwards too deep.

We didn’t start the fires, we’re just using it as an excuse for people to get together and have a good time. We wouldn’t be partying if homes or peoples properties were at stake of going up in flames. When we have our tailgate parties, the only thing burning is the overgrown dried grass or sometimes the dogs and burgers.
Steve
Hi Steve,

I was but jesting and I'm sure Eric was too. :?
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Quote:Hi Steve,

I was but jesting and I'm sure Eric was too. :?

No problem, I'll save you both a beer and burger.
Steve
Sorry, I misinterpreted your post. I thought you were talking about the fire mentioned in the first post.
Eric

Brush-Popper extraordinaire

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fires in Southern California! Hibernicus 31 5,052 10-30-2007, 09:59 PM
Last Post: M. Demetrius
  Ancient "Rome" Burns -- Who Is Fiddling This Time. Narukami 5 1,751 08-11-2007, 06:10 PM
Last Post: maius
  TV FILM SHOOT in southern California Hibernicus 1 1,623 05-22-2002, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Hibernicus