Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TROY TROy TRoy Troy ....troja
saw the film yesterday.<br>
<br>
If i am not wrong i detected a distinct Chinese martial arts element in the dueling & training scenes .... does anyone know who the fight coordinator was ?<br>
<br>
<br>
Conal <p></p><i></i>
Quote:</em></strong><hr>If i am not wrong i detected a distinct Chinese martial arts element in the dueling & training scenes .... does anyone know who the fight coordinator was ?<br>
<hr><br>
<br>
Steven Ho was Brad Pitt's sword trainer according to the [url=http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0332452/fullcredits" target="top]Internet Movie Database[/url]. Curiously, no specific fight coordinator is listed, but the swordmasters were Richard Ryan and Bret Yount. The stunt coordinators may also have had a hand in training.<br>
<p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p200.ezboard.com/bromanarmytalk.showUserPublicProfile?gid=frankmiranda>Frank Miranda</A> at: 5/24/04 9:35 pm<br></i>
I thought overall it was pretty good actually. i wasn't aware the trojans were so big on tie dye, but i suppose that's not entirely impossible. Overall for Hollywood it wasn't bad. The costumes could have been considerably better, if only through picking a consistent period to draw influence from rather than everything from Babylon to Spartacus, but the general feel wasn't too bad. i'd have liked them to have gone for a Mycenaean feel and gone to the library for a copy of Peter Conolly's Odyssey book <p></p><i></i>
In the name of heaven Catiline, how long do you propose to exploit our patience..
I think that would have been interesting, too. I read somewhere (I think a Time Magazine article) that the director had, at first, thought of trying to accurately reconstruct Troy (for the kind of money they spent, they certainly could have) but that his research team told him the real Troy was "kind of a dump." Maybe something similar happened with the constumes; Hollywood's idea of the grandiosity appropriate for an "epic" film is often just not compatible w/ accuracy. I guess I'm usually somewhat tolerant of this tendency; I mainly get annoyed when I'm convinced that accuracy would have been relatively easy to accomplish and looked <strong>better</strong> than the typical cheesy Hollywood "swords and sandals" look.<br>
<br>
Aaron <p></p><i></i>
plus the girls costumes would've been much more interesting <p></p><i></i>
In the name of heaven Catiline, how long do you propose to exploit our patience..
Did the Myceneans do the same... shall we say "low necklines" as the Minoans? That would be one way to make a movie controversial...<br>
<br>
Aaron <p></p><i></i>
'Low neckline'<br>
<br>
animal! <p></p><i></i>
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
There are both pictorial examples of women wearing 'normal necklines' and 'low necklines'....<br>
<br>
Pijus Magnificus <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p200.ezboard.com/bromanarmytalk.showUserPublicProfile?gid=aitoririarte>Aitor Iriarte</A> at: 5/28/04 7:47 am<br></i>
It\'s all an accident, an accident of hands. Mine, others, all without mind, from one extreme to another, but neither works nor will ever.

Rolf Steiner
<br>
Hey Aitor, since in your icon you look like the Robert's grandfather, give him the good example or that poor child will begin to do strange dreams in the night... <p></p><i></i>
TITVS/Daniele Sabatini

... Tu modo nascenti puero, quo ferrea primum
desinet ac toto surget Gens Aurea mundo,
casta faue Lucina; tuus iam regnat Apollo ...

Vergilius, Bucolicae, ecloga IV, 4-10
[Image: PRIMANI_ban2.gif]
Do you mean wet dreams...<br>
Thanks to the Gods this is OT! <br>
<br>
Pijus Magnificus <p></p><i></i>
It\'s all an accident, an accident of hands. Mine, others, all without mind, from one extreme to another, but neither works nor will ever.

Rolf Steiner
<br>
I'm sure the little Robby already takes some frequent looks to the Postalmarket catalogue - lingerie section... He does'nt know that he will become blind if does so? <p></p><i></i>
TITVS/Daniele Sabatini

Oh yes, I realized that it was true after they had to put me glasses when I was fourteen and, since that, I've given up that nasty habit, lest I shall become totally blind!<br>
<br>
Pijus Magnificus <p></p><i></i>

Rolf Steiner
<br>
<p></p><i></i>
TITVS/Daniele Sabatini

OI! You animals! T'was not I who started this Mycene-obscene subject!<br>
<br>
<p></p><i></i>
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Hey, I was trying to be indirect and understated...<br>
<br>
Aaron <p></p><i></i>

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Troy Fall of Kings Ironhand 1 1,005 12-24-2007, 11:28 PM
Last Post: Ironhand
  Meanwhile, back in Troy... Peroni 9 1,691 07-06-2006, 05:12 AM
Last Post: Comerus Gallus
  Teaser trailer for Troy Anonymous 14 3,301 12-10-2003, 03:24 PM
Last Post: John Maddox Roberts