Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whoever runs the FB Group, would you please enforce the rules...
Another thread hijacked by ethno-nationalists and nothing's being done after announcing the community guidelines on November 30, 2023.
aka T*O*N*G*A*R
Didn't think that my article on how soldiers from Alexander the Great's phalanx sometimes used throwing spears rather than pikes would be controversial! https://www.karwansaraypublishers.com/en...fare-xvi-6

I bet it was the duel of Coragus and Dioxippus which set someone off.
Nullis in verba

I have not checked this forum frequently since 2013, but I hope that these old posts have some value. I now have a blog on books, swords, and the curious things humans do with them.
They're doing it again... Rolleyes

https://www.facebook.com/AWMagazine/post...cA3sRD3DCl
aka T*O*N*G*A*R
Instead of complaining here without going into details, simply report the actual post or contribution on FB and one of us will take action if action is warranted.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
(01-07-2024, 11:42 AM)Robert Vermaat Wrote: Instead of complaining here without going into details, simply report the actual post or contribution on FB and one of us will take action if action is warranted.

A link to the thread not enough? I got a response three weeks ago: they're understaffed, so can't keep track 24/7. Some of the comments were deleted, while others remained and like an hyrda, new ones popped up. What's sad is that these people feel they have a right to post this nonsense and get offended for being called out.
aka T*O*N*G*A*R
(01-07-2024, 02:21 PM)Condottiero Magno Wrote:
(01-07-2024, 11:42 AM)Robert Vermaat Wrote: Instead of complaining here without going into details, simply report the actual post or contribution on FB and one of us will take action if action is warranted.

A link to the thread not enough? I got a response three weeks ago: they're understaffed, so can't keep track 24/7. Some of the comments were deleted, while others remained and like an hyrda, new ones popped up. What's sad is that these people feel they have a right to post this nonsense and get offended for being called out.

You're barking up the wrong tree my friend. The link is to the FB page of Ancient Warfare magazine, not the FB page of Roman Army Talk. 
AW is a commercial business, please complain to them.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
(01-16-2024, 04:01 PM)Robert Vermaat Wrote:

You're barking up the wrong tree my friend. The link is to the FB page of Ancient Warfare magazine, not the FB page of Roman Army Talk. 

Huh Huh Huh

This is a subsection of the Recreational Arena section, called Ancient Warfare magazine.

" Discuss the latest issue, artwork, or join the debate about the podcast and suggest questions for Ancient Warfare Answers"

Was something changed at some point and this section wasn't updated?
aka T*O*N*G*A*R
(01-16-2024, 05:59 PM)Condottiero Magno Wrote:
(01-16-2024, 04:01 PM)Robert Vermaat Wrote:

Huh Huh Huh

This is a subsection of the Recreational Arena section, called Ancient Warfare magazine.

" Discuss the latest issue, artwork, or join the debate about the podcast and suggest questions for Ancient Warfare Answers"

Was something changed at some point and this section wasn't updated?

I think people from AW may have a look here now and then, at least in the past. 
But as you mentioned, they are very busy/understaffed, so I doubt that they will be looking at this section much.
So making complaints HERE about their perceived lack of action THERE doesn't make much sense.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans