Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amazon reviewer JPS
I spotted the other day that the Amazon user "JPS" who previously posted very frequent reviews has not posted since mid-2018.  I don't suppose anyone out there knows who JPS was?  Or maybe someone here is "the real JPS"?!

The reason for the question is that JPS's reviews were learned, incisive, detailed and generally a very good read.  They were focused on late antiquity and the early middle ages for users of this site, I think (as well as later medieval history and some fiction).  I don't know who this mystery person is or was but I think the Amazon website is now much the poorer for the lack of JPS reviews on all those late antique/early medieval titles - so please come back!

John
Didn't he use a reeal name when posting here?
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
(07-18-2021, 10:53 AM)Robert Vermaat Wrote: Didn't he use a reeal name when posting here?
Hi Robert,

I was not aware that he had ever posted on this forum.  I know he was mentioned a few times, e.g. when he gave a favourable review to 

The Emperor and the Army in the Later Roman Empire, AD 235-395: Amazon.co.uk: Hebblewhite, Mark: 9780367880682: Books

b
ut I don't recall any posts from him (or her).

Regards, John