Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Snow in the USA
very sad to hear the fruit harvests have been wrecked..........

M.VIB.M.
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.
Our lemon tree survived in fine form, however some of our other non-fruit trees took a real hit, as did our ginger plants and plumeria from Hawai'i. We will know just how bad in a few days as it begins to warm up again.

Up in the Valley (Fresno area) the damage has been extensive. The prices on fruit have not gone up at the local markets yet, but they will. Cry

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA
New thoughts goes out too all victims of the storm in Brittain and Northern Europe yesterday. Damn this is a strange winter...
We've had some insane weather here in Vancouver too- record rainfall in November (which is hard to do given how much rain we get each fall/ winter), then hurricane-force wind storms, then snow, then more wind, rain, snow, wind. The city's been nearly shut down 5 or 6 times now because of the snow and ice, trees falling everywhere, once all the highways were blocked so we were effectively cut off from the outside world save for by sea- I've seen trees 20m tall with trunks a good 75cm-1m in diameter felled by the wind... I'm waiting for the rain of frogs, locusts, etc. now...
See FABRICA ROMANORVM Recreations in the Marketplace for custom helmets, armour, swords and more!
It's been eerily warm up here in New England, by this time we *usually* have about 2+ feet of snow, lots of ice and super-frigid temperatures, and pretty miserable.

Apparently it's an "El Nino" year...Or Global Warming, whichever you want to call it I could care less.

Although, I'm happy with no snow and "warm" temps, but it also Creeps Me Out. :?

It's very possible for us New Englanders to get *nailed* with a huge storm or two in the next 2 months, and will have the snow linger as far in as May. It's happened before. And it's *not* pretty with springtime. Confusedhock:

(we had an "April Fool's" blizzard back in 1997, where we had something like 2 feet of snow or more in under 48 hours, then freezing rain. Several trees were broken or permanently bent from the weight; and there have been "late" seasons like that too before. I worry)
Andy Volpe
"Build a time machine, it would make this [hobby] a lot easier."
https://www.facebook.com/LegionIIICyr/
Legion III Cyrenaica ~ New England U.S.
Higgins Armory Museum 1931-2013 (worked there 2001-2013)
(Collection moved to Worcester Art Museum)
Flurries yesterday evening here in DC.
Then it got up to about 50 degrees Fahrenheit (don't know it in Celsius).
Now it's just plain bloody freezing!
[Image: RAT_signature2.png]
Well, it's not snow (we haven't seen anyy of that stuff here this winter), but it's nice.. I just shot it this afternoon, near the tower.
[Image: 2007toren_jan6.jpg]
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
I wish I had a picture, but it snowed something like 2 or 3 inches yesterday. Pretty crazy driving to class this morning. Not enough to snowboard, but very pretty. Too bad I didn't take any pictures. :oops:
[Image: RAT_signature2.png]