Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New recruits
(12-29-2016, 02:45 PM)EBRIUS MAXIMUS Wrote: Hello everyone!

My name is Norm and I am here to learn and I hope to be able to contribute to the forum. 

Gratias tibi ago. Smile

Welcome Norm! May you have fun here, and many interesting discussions.
Don't forget to add your real name to your username or signature.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
(04-05-2005, 09:02 AM)Praefectusclassis Wrote: Welcome all newcomers to the Legions!

Make yourself at home with your fellow milites and tell us a little bit about yourself, such as...

- where are you from?
- how'd you become interested in Rome?
- why are you here?
- do you re-enact, are you a student, an academic professional, or..?

If you've posted once, you're considered a R.A.T. member, so climb aboard and enjoy the forum.

Cheers,
Jasper Oorthuys
Associate Webmaster, Romanarmy.com

Jenny Cline
Founder, RomanArmy.com

I am from Louisville, KY, USA and I received my B.A. from Bellarmine College and my doctorate from the University of Louisville. I have been interested in Roman Military History since college and have studied them assiduously since my first command and throughout my career in the US Army.

In general I am more interested in Roman history, battle techniques, strategy, operational art and living history than I am in reinactment at this particular time.  That could however change in the future.  I am an associate of Legio XX Valeria Victrix (Maryland, USA) and if anyone can talk me into it they can.
Thank you all!

I could not sign in last weekend even after multiple attempts.

I happy to be back in and indeed, I will try to edit my signature.

: )
Hi everyone

My name is Marin a studnet form Split Croatia. I ve been a part of a project that is happening in Split for almost a decade(actually this year will be our 10-th year of reenacting the roman guard.
I m here because i am very interested in history in general especially antique but mainly because i would like to connect to as many people that are also in same or similar projects and organizations that reenacts roman history. I would like to expand my knowledge in theory and praxis so i could buy more stuff.
Equipment that we have is from Genoa Italy.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Welocme to the forum Marin! Remember to add your real name.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
Hello all.  

My name is Lanny Hill, currently from Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
Have always had an interest in history in general, and Rome in particular.  Currently serving in the Canadian Armed Forces, I have the utmost respect for the valour and discipline of the legions (2nd Augusta in particular).
Here to learn and offer research help.
Just started with a reenactment group in Ontario, looking forward the this summer.
Welcome Lanny
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
Salve,

I'm Mikael from Scotland. I've been hugely interested in warfare since a young age but moreso Greco-Roman warfare.

I would love to take part in re-enactments at some point but I don't think there is anyhing near me.

Looking forward to getting involved.
Salve!

My Name is Jasper and i'm living in Holland. Very interested in the originated and development of Rome itself, from small tribes to the world power it was. Thinking about joining an re-enacment group in Holland but that is still in an early stage. Hope to learn alot from this forum.
Gegroet Jasper!
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
Hi.

Interested in Late Antique and Early Medieval history, and find the Late Roman Army fascinating, so I decided to join. Can't really say when I became interested in history.

I'm a hobbyist and studies for my own enjoyment. Lives in Norway.

Halstein.
Welcome!
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
Hi,

I'm a Mills & Boon historical author, writing a book set along Hadrian's Wall in 305AD. I've always been interested in Roman history, although usually I write Medieval and Victorian romances, so this is a new direction for me. I have a few questions, specifically about the northern rebellion, and I'm told you're the people to ask. Would that be okay?

Jenni
Welcome to the forum! Of course that'd be OK. You'll find plenty of enthusiasts here, and authors as well! I recommend asking our own Nathan Ross who is currently writing about the same period.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
Greetings all!

My name is John DiMauro and I'm from Ballston Lake NY, USA. I'm interested in becoming a Roman reenactor. I've been a reenactor of other time periods (mainly WWII British, Soviet, and Italian) for almost 2 decades now, and have had an interest in Roman History for even longer.

I'm also a member in another Legion - The 501st. We costume as the bad guys from Star Wars. Smile

I'm looking forward to learning quite a bit from you folks!

Cheers!