RomanArmyTalk
New recruits - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Community (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Round Table (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: New recruits (/showthread.php?tid=1)

Re: New recruits - Caballo - 08-28-2006

Mike,

Great to have you on board , Mike! There are a number of us who share your interest- apart from myself (with very limited knowledge) , Peronis particularly has a huge store of info, particularly on the Batavians. Welcome!

Cheers

Caballo

Hello Everyone! - manda - 08-28-2006

Hello everyone, I found this site while I was looking up something for Rome total war and I am glad I have found this site. Big Grin

where are you from?
I'm from Penrith, NSW Australia

- how'd you become interested in Rome?
When I was around seven, my Mum is interested in history and started showing me things at an early age. I'm also interested in Ancient Greece (Hellas), Ancient Celtic/pict, Sarmatian/Sycthian/Parthian culture and the dark ages. Ooh and the Byzantines too.

Then I'm also interested in the Medieval period.

- why are you here?
Because I read around on the site and found it very informative. Not to mention that it looks friendly too.

- do you re-enact, are you a student, an academic professional, or..?
No re-enacting for me, but I'm on the look out for re-enactment groups and the like.

Introduction
My name is Amanda, but call me Manda. lol I only get called Amanda when I'm in trouble or on legal type documents. I'm 19 years old. I haven't found a latin name yet, but I'm in the process of doing that. I enjoy horse riding, carriage driving and I'm thinking about trying to buy a horse. That I can teach to joust and do battle re-enactments with it too. Smile

I'm currently doing a Business Administration Diploma and I'm writing four seris of novels. One is the end of the world, with demons uprising and humans struggle for survival. One is a ancient/medieval/fantasy type thing. One is about vampires and humans vying for power in space (lol don't ask) and one is about a new race of humans evolving. Big Grin

I enjoy reading books by Bernard Cornwell 'king Arthur trilogy' and David Pressfield 'Gates of Fire'

Umm I enjoy listening to rock, metal and j-rock. Big Grin D

Nice to meet everyone.

Re: New recruits - M.ilionario - 08-28-2006

Welcome Manda :wink:

Re: New recruits - Praefectusclassis - 08-28-2006

Welcome & join in!

.. - manda - 08-28-2006

Thank you -grins-

Welcome - mike galer - 08-28-2006

Quote:You will be very welcome here, Mike. Perhaps our Imagebase at RomanArmy.com will be of some assistance to your thesis?

Thanks I will check it out.

Welcome - mike galer - 08-28-2006

Quote:There are a number of us who share your interest- apart from myself (with very limited knowledge) , Peronis particularly has a huge store of info, particularly on the Batavians.
Caballo

Thanks, the Batavians are interesting as are the Tungri, Vangoines and the Vardulli

Re: New recruits - NeoSpartan - 08-30-2006

WUTZZ Happenin' Fellas????

Man this is a Good Forum and Site. I've always looked for a good site where I could find GOOD info about Ancient Rome and Greece, as well as find people who know what they are talking about! Big Grin

Oh may bad I forgot to introduce myslef....

My name is Sergio I am 20 y.o and, I live in the USA. I was actually born in Havana, Cuba and immigrated to the USA about 6 years ago. I've always been a BIG fan of Ancient Rome since I was a little kid and my mom showed me a book that had a picture of the Siege of Syracuse in Sicilly.

I don't re-anact, BUT I WOULD LOVE TO! I found a group of re-anctors in the Washington DC- Metropolitan Area, but those guys never replied (forgot thier name). If you guys know some PLZ let me know :wink:
I usually read up on Roman History when I get a chance and play a Historically Accurate modification of RTW (rome total war).

Re: New recruits - Jeroen Pelgrom - 08-30-2006

welcome to RAT Sergio, make yourself at home!.

Some members are planning a RTW tournament (see the game & modelling section!)

Re: New recruits - M.ilionario - 08-30-2006

Welcome Sergio :wink:

New to site - Titus Quartinius Saturnal - 08-31-2006

I've been reenacting the Roman time period for one year. I'm with the XXX Legion out of Ontario Canada. I am keenly interested in drill and Roman fortifications. I held a small event at my farm near Tillsonburg and I hope to construct a fortlet there. I hopin gto get lots of advice on how to proceed with this venture. Tom Ross aka Titus Quartinius Saturnalis

Re: New recruits - Robert Vermaat - 08-31-2006

Welcome to the forum Tom!

Re: New recruits - M.ilionario - 08-31-2006

Welcome, recruit Tom :wink:
Shouldn't you have posted earlier?

Welcome Martin - Primitivus - 09-02-2006

Quote:Hi Everybody!
My name is Martin and I am from Vindobona (todays Vienna in Austria). I am interested since Junkelmanns Alpenmarsch 1986 for reenactment. But since 3 years I make my own equipment. I am sorry, my english is not so good, but I hope you will understand me.
Welcome to RAT. No need to apologize for your English--which is fine--because there are far too many of us who only speak that language!

Welcome Alan - Primitivus - 09-02-2006

Quote:Avete, Khairete and Hi!

My name is Alan. I am 57 years old and live in Edinburgh, Scotland. I have been interested in all things Roman and Greek for many years now and have recently become particularly interested in the military side, purely from a hobby point of view. I am, among other things, a senior IT manager in a major bank and a recent, besotted grandfather.
A lovely city, Edinburgh. Welcome to RAT, my friend. I share your convicted that grandfatherhood is a delightful blessing.