RomanArmyTalk
Late Roman Event (LRE III), August, 2008 - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Reenactment (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Events (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+--- Thread: Late Roman Event (LRE III), August, 2008 (/showthread.php?tid=8310)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Re: Late Roman Event (LRE III), August, 2008 - Chariovalda - 08-05-2008

And more...

Wouter's third charge:

[Image: 136.jpg]

Getting ready...

[Image: 146.jpg]

Eyeballing:

[Image: 150.jpg]

...and more again...

Advancing:

[Image: 151.jpg]

The noble, virtuous, glorious and valiant ( :wink: ) commander of the Batavi:

[Image: 159.jpg]

What are they up to?

[Image: 167.jpg]

...and even more...

EEK!

[Image: 168.jpg]

Nice horsie:

[Image: 079.jpg]

Pfew! Whatta day...

[Image: 083.jpg]

...and more...

Hum-hum-hum-hum!

[Image: 094.jpg]

Who wants to sweat like a cataphract? Wouter does!

[Image: 096.jpg]

Hero worship... Smile

[Image: 097.jpg]

...and the last for now, at least until the real avalanche of pictures starts...

Alamanni and Roman heavy cavalryman:

[Image: 106-1.jpg]

Alamannic horseman:

[Image: 103.jpg]

Re: Late Roman Event (LRE III), August, 2008 - Agraes - 08-05-2008

My own pictures, mostly of the site and of saturday evening, not really top nutch quality but here they are anyway :wink:
http://s516.photobucket.com/albums/u323 ... cheon2008/

Re: Late Roman Event (LRE III), August, 2008 - Robert Vermaat - 08-05-2008

Nice pictures Benjamin.

Re: Late Roman Event (LRE III), August, 2008 - Agraes - 08-05-2008

Thanks Robert! You are of course free to use them for the Fectio website if you wish.

I would like to give a really big thanks to you, Andreas, Ivan who was a formidable viarchus ; and to all who made this event possible.

It was really a great experience, even if only the second public event of my re-enactment life (that may explain why I was so enthusiasmic sometimes when everyone else was tired :wink: ) I will probably never forget it. A shame not more members of Letavia were able to attend it.

Great shows, impressive place, and moreover, I am really happy to have meet people from the other european late roman groups. We had lot of fun and if someone tell me to come for such a gather tomorrow I leave my house right now scutum at the side and hasta on the shoulder!

I hope I will see part of you next summer, and all of you in two years for the next LRE!

Re: Late Roman Event (LRE III), August, 2008 - FAVENTIANVS - 08-05-2008

Quote:Faventianus is a terrible campidoctor!!!

[Image: pict0294fe2.jpg]

Indeed! I became kinda tyrannic!!! :twisted:

I already miss you all, my friends. Cry

Re: Late Roman Event (LRE III), August, 2008 - Publius Militiares - 08-05-2008

We also have got home safely. (short travel in comparison to you others)
We are tired, exausthed and my feet are aching -IT WAS GREAT!

I will bring up pictures on photobucket in the next days when i get them from our members.

Re: Late Roman Event (LRE III), August, 2008 - Barbara - 08-05-2008

Back in everyday life, sitting on the cologne campus and waiting for next Late roman event...

It was a wonderful day there! I really enjoyed seeing you all again, it nearly has the feeling of a big late roman family! I'm really sad that I was there only on saturday evening and sunday.
[size=75:1cy9axmf]But my plan did work 8) (concerning the test on early christian archeology today)[/size]

Next time a complete week, please, or more :!: Smile
(next year won't work at all, there's the pilgrimage and later the Roman Military Equipment conference in Newcastle from 17. - 23. august)

I'll just photoshop some images of the posing and battle on sunday, see you!

Ah, Ivan, it seems you changed your Avatar :wink:

BAR-BAR-A

Re: Late Roman Event (LRE III), August, 2008 - jvrjenivs - 08-05-2008

Quote:What is the official language used in the Event for the renactors & public?, cus I see not all renactors are from Netherlands.

Just curious. :wink:

The talk with al members was very difficult as not all understand english. The public was of course dutch, but most dutch can speak a little bit germen and English, and some also Frensch. I found that English was the most talked language over the event.

Re: Late Roman Event (LRE III), August, 2008 - Barbara - 08-05-2008

for reenactors: A beautiful mix of english, french, spanish, german, hand & feet, vine, beer & spathae Big Grin

for public: Netherlands, but most of them understand english or german, it worked very well all the times! (Respect to the mutilingual dutch people! And to our very busy translators and Wim for being our dutch showmaster!)

Re: Late Roman Event (LRE III), August, 2008 - Robert Vermaat - 08-05-2008

Quote:What is the official language used in the Event for the renactors & public?, cus I see not all renactors are from Netherlands.

English.
We had English, Dutch, German, French, Brezhoneg (Breton), Catalan and Euskara (Basque) and a bit Spanish :wink: . And we could have had Suomi (Finnish) as well as Czech added to that!

Best of all, we had a vicarius by the name of Faventianus who could translate his orders into most of these languages.
All hail Faventianus, our terrific vicarius!!

Yes, all hail Faventianus!

Seems we have somebody who might be raised to the purple next time around...

It's not a healthy career step, but what the heck... :twisted: