RomanArmyTalk
Early guys international meeting - Hoplites and more - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Reenactment (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Events (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+--- Thread: Early guys international meeting - Hoplites and more (/showthread.php?tid=8167)

Early guys international meeting - Hoplites and more - caiusbeerquitius - 01-24-2007

[size=150:qwcygggw]September 8/9 2007 [/size]on the Heuneburg in southern Germany.

[Image: mauer-1.jpg]
[Image: mauer.jpg]
[Image: mauergang-1.jpg]

Free for RAT members!
Food and quarters provided. The event will not be advertised (only here and in other relevant fora), so no extra visitors.
We can go fighting down at the River Danube, play or dance on reconstructed grave mounds, guard the walls, drink, listen to greek music, just as we like. So anyone with an impression before 50 BC can come along.
Important: Please announce in advance right here in this thread if you want to come, and how many others you´ll drag along. If you registered but cannot come, please also notify me in this thread as early as possible. The event is free, and we want to keep it like that. Smile
Cheers! Christian

Re: Early guys international meeting - Hoplites and more - Dan Diffendale - 01-24-2007

Hmm hmm hmm. Looks like a lot of fun. There's just a small chance I'll be in Europe at that point... but even if I am, I'd almost certainly not have any kit with me.

Re: Early guys international meeting - Hoplites and more - caiusbeerquitius - 01-24-2007

Well, you might lend a tunic and a belt from me. Smile

Re: Early guys international meeting - Hoplites and more - Ramesses II - 01-30-2007

I'll try, but I can't promise anything Wink Is a Greek hoplite-kit allowed (can be shown as very early Roman armour Wink ) ? Hope I have my stuff by then.

Re: Early guys international meeting - Hoplites and more - caiusbeerquitius - 01-30-2007

Of course it´s allowed! Mustn´t have a Roman gear to come. I, for example, will come as Samnite. Smile

Re: Early guys international meeting - Hoplites and more - Kallimachos - 01-30-2007

Our group will be there too Daan, so we are happy to meet other Greeks :-) )

Re: Early guys international meeting - Hoplites and more - Anonymous - 01-30-2007

!*x^*! Curses! Curses! Curses! I can't go! Sranja! Have a good time, chaps and SEND PICTURES!

Re: Early guys international meeting - Hoplites and more - Ramesses II - 01-31-2007

Quote:Our group will be there too Daan, so we are happy to meet other Greeks :-) )

Nice outfit you guys got there Smile (just took a look at your website).

I hope I can get my hoplite equipment by then, all depends on when I got the money to get, for example, the shield. I'll ask the legion if they're interested in joining the event Wink

Re: Early guys international meeting - Hoplites and more - Kallimachos - 01-31-2007

Looking forward meeting you. Big Grin

Re: Early guys international meeting - Hoplites and more - caiusbeerquitius - 03-09-2007

*bump*

Re: Early guys international meeting - Hoplites and more - caiusbeerquitius - 08-03-2007

*bump* Big Grin

Re: Early guys international meeting - Hoplites and more - caiusbeerquitius - 09-10-2007

Here some pics from the meeting. We had a real great time. Smile
Next year´s meeting on the Heuneburg will be on the first weekend of August!

i20.photobucket.com/albums/b202/caiustarquitius/DSC03752.jpg
i20.photobucket.com/albums/b202/caiustarquitius/DSC03753.jpg
i20.photobucket.com/albums/b202/caiustarquitius/DSC03754.jpg
i20.photobucket.com/albums/b202/caiustarquitius/DSC03755.jpg
i20.photobucket.com/albums/b202/caiustarquitius/DSC03756.jpg
i20.photobucket.com/albums/b202/caiustarquitius/DSC03759.jpg
i20.photobucket.com/albums/b202/caiustarquitius/DSC03764.jpg
i20.photobucket.com/albums/b202/caiustarquitius/DSC03765.jpg

Re: Early guys international meeting - Hoplites and more - Gaius Julius Caesar - 09-10-2007

Hmmmm, how come I only just noticed this thread.....

Nice pictures Christian, how many showed up?

Nice Macedonian Phalanx impression, you should have photoshoped it to make it look like a whole phalanx.. Nice gear.

Which one is you?

Re: Early guys international meeting - Hoplites and more - Robert Vermaat - 09-11-2007

Looks great! What did you do?

Re: Early guys international meeting - Hoplites and more - caiusbeerquitius - 09-11-2007

Thanks! Smile
We did some exercising, we plotted out how we can make the event more popular for the coming years, we ate, we drank, we watched Frank Trommer make authentic period bronze casting, we learned to know each other (!), we took pics, and we talked a lot about equipment and equipment improvement. And we laughed a lot. Smile