RomanArmyTalk
Massive gathering in Germania in 2009 - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Reenactment (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Events (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+--- Thread: Massive gathering in Germania in 2009 (/showthread.php?tid=5226)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Re: Massive gathering in Germania in 2009 - Tib. Gabinius - 06-02-2007

Salve iterum,
thanks for the compliments Smile
If you send me your email i can perhaps send you the video (not immediatly, don't have the online version right now on my pc, but in the evening i guess).

Re: Massive gathering in Germania in 2009 - Andreas Gobinius - 06-11-2007

Salvete omnes,
We think very seriously about joining massive gathering with my friends but unfortunately as Barbarians :wink: All group is rather prepared for later period (2nd century) now, but we may prepare proper reconstructions for early 1st century. There will be about 10 persons in our group - all craftmen reconstructing pottery, weaponry, jewellery, birch bark products e.t.c. There is the group of "Celts" here, I noticed good progress of it... I am sorry that we may fight against friends from RAT... but I think that is a great opportunity for meeting so many Roman times enthusiast... Please let me know, where should I submit our participation and read about rules of Kalkriese 2009 event.
There is Polish legio GMV XIIII in Lublin and I suppose that they are interested in particiopation too...

Re: Massive gathering in Germania in 2009 - Ron Andrea - 06-15-2007

I'm not a re-enactor, but if such an event would take place, I would consider paying my own way to attend, especially if you guys--my RAT.com heros--were participating.

Re: Massive gathering in Germania in 2009 - Andreas Gobinius - 06-15-2007

I think, that is an real opportunity to meet many members of RAT. Probably that is the One opportunity to create such meeting for 2000 years Smile especially if members from "antipodes" want to participate. I am wondering, what Jasper thinks about it.

Re: Massive gathering in Germania in 2009 - Praefectusclassis - 06-15-2007

Hi Andreas,
What do you want me to say? Perhaps we could combine the RAT conference 2009 with the Kalkriese event? Make it a big do? Something like that?

Re: Massive gathering in Germania in 2009 - Andreas Gobinius - 06-15-2007

Hi Jasper,
Yes, I mean, that massive gathering in Kalkriese is maybe an opportunity to make a big conference Smile )
Best
Andreas

Re: Massive gathering in Germania in 2009 - Praefectusclassis - 06-16-2007

Well, that's certainly worth considering, if that'd make it extra worthwhile for RATers to make the trip.

Re: Massive gathering in Germania in 2009 - petrinus - 07-03-2007

as ive said, i will so make this trip, infact that gives me time to put th finishing touches on my kit, since all i really have is my seg and gallic g, lol, but hey this stuff isnt cheap and im not halfarsn any of it! i think it would get major coverage and promotion from media too i mean, damn it would be massive yes? hopefully i wont be deployed and miss this, maybe i could use my RnR to attend? anyway i hope this happens, very excited at the prospect as i havent been to anything yet, soon i hope!

Re: Massive gathering in Germania in 2009 - Marcus Mummius - 08-15-2007

Anyone has more information on this mass event?

If it happens some of my group would perhaps try and march a good deal of the way to the event on foot. I guess we're crazy :roll: Smile

Re: Massive gathering in Germania in 2009 - Caballo - 08-15-2007

"If it happens some of my group would perhaps try and march a good deal of the way to the event on foot. I guess we're crazy"

What makes you think you're alone there? Big Grin
Great idea.

Heres a thought. Why not set out a route for 2009, with a day by day itinerary. Groups could join as and where they could, before making a grand entrance into Kalkriese. It could be magnificent...........

Re: Massive gathering in Germania in 2009 - Gaius Julius Caesar - 08-15-2007

I work three on three off, so we need to march fast!! :lol:

Re: Massive gathering in Germania in 2009 - Marcus Mummius - 08-15-2007

Quote:"If it happens some of my group would perhaps try and march a good deal of the way to the event on foot. I guess we're crazy"

What makes you think you're alone there? Big Grin
Great idea.

Heres a thought. Why not set out a route for 2009, with a day by day itinerary. Groups could join as and where they could, before making a grand entrance into Kalkriese. It could be magnificent...........

Yup, I was thinking something along those lines Big Grin

But I'd really like some information about what is planned and if people are still working on this.

I'm glad to know we're not alone Big Grin

Vale,
Jef

Re: Massive gathering in Germania in 2009 - jvrjenivs - 08-16-2007

Originally I had planned to do my first long distance march next year with the german guys of Legio XV Primigenia, but it seems they don't gonna walk anymore.

So, Jeff, I'll join your guys if they gonna walk!

Re: Massive gathering in Germania in 2009 - Marcus Mummius - 08-16-2007

Quote:Originally I had planned to do my first long distance march next year with the german guys of Legio XV Primigenia, but it seems they don't gonna walk anymore.

So, Jeff, I'll join your guys if they gonna walk!

Great Jurjen!

Re: Massive gathering in Germania in 2009 - Ulfwin - 10-22-2007

I promised to share all informations, so here you are:

about the event itself there still ist nothing to tell, the museum Kalkriese behave the way I'm used to, in my long distance run to Teutoburg:
they do not know what they want or what they could afford. But there are rumours that they are in negotiation with different groups and organizers, including our pan-germanic Comitatus, so there is hope for a big event, maybe 3 or 4 times the size of 2007.

But, and this is a sheer miracle: the finally set a date: there will be an event on the battlefield, 2009 - June - 11. to 16.

So long,

Stefan / Ulfwin