RomanArmyTalk
How many Roman military dates do you know? - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Research Arena (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Roman Military History & Archaeology (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: How many Roman military dates do you know? (/showthread.php?tid=3632)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Re: How many Roman military dates do you know? - D B Campbell - 06-26-2007

I haven't been following this thread, so apologies if this has already been added ... but 22 June was the anniversary of the Battle of Maranga (AD 363) (Amm. Marc. 25.1.10-19).

Re: How many Roman military dates do you know? - Nerva - 07-30-2007

1st September 2005 - Romans Invade Ireland

Re: How many Roman military dates do you know? - Antek - 07-31-2007

My turn Wink

IX. 55. BC - legate Titus Labienus suppresses Morini's uprising in northen Gaul. Two others of Ceasar's legates Cotta and Titurius conquer Menapii tribe.

Senate enacts 20 days of prayer's to thanksgive for Caesar's victories this year

spring 54 - Campaing agaist Pirusti tribe which ravage Province border near Illiria.

end of VIII - half of IX 54 - Second invasion of Britain

X-XI 54 - First symptoms of comming rebellion in Gaul. Anihillation of 15 legionrary kohorts in country of Euborni's. Nervii begins the siege of Quintus Cicero winter camp and Labienus camp by Inducionciomarus. Defeat and death of Inducionciomarus.

Sorry for all errors in terms, I'm not sure exactly how to write down corectly the English names of all the tribes.

TBC :roll:

Re: How many Roman military dates do you know? - Mydes - 08-07-2007

THE BATTLE OF CARRHAE BRUTII V PARTHIA

Re: How many Roman military dates do you know? - Robert Vermaat - 08-07-2007

Ryan,
You have to add your real name to your signature. Forum rules.

Re: How many Roman military dates do you know? - Johannes II August - 08-11-2007

Quote:THE BATTLE OF CARRHAE BRUTII V PARTHIA

"Brutii" :roll: . You've been playing too much RTW Tongue .

Re: How many Roman military dates do you know? - Quintius Lucius Cato - 11-23-2007

Good game when modded... anyways

Battle of the Allia River, July 18, 386 BC, Roman Army aproximetly 24,000 strong commanded by Quintus Sulpicius v Gallic Army commanded by Brennus, haven't been able to find a likley number of his forces.

Carrhae, 53 BC, Roman Force aproximetly 42,00 strong (I'm still unsure if this is correct) commanded by Marcus Licinius Crassus plus his son Publius v Surena of Prathia with aproximetly 11, 000 Calvary.

Re: How many Roman military dates do you know? - Gladius Hispaniensis - 08-15-2008

Ave
Anyone know the date of the Jotapata siege in the Holy Land?

Re: How many Roman military dates do you know? - Tormenta - 08-16-2008

AD 67

Re: How many Roman military dates do you know? - Gladius Hispaniensis - 08-16-2008

Thanks Miha

Re: How many Roman military dates do you know? - Dextella - 09-07-2008

(according to Wikipedia) 9-11th September- Battle of the Teutoburg Forest Sad
24th May- Birth of Germanicus.

Re: How many Roman military dates do you know? - Watcher - 11-06-2008

Well, after my date with Messalina, I forgot all about my other dates.

:lol:

Re: How many Roman military dates do you know? - Tarbicus - 11-06-2008

Quote:Well, after my date with Messalina, I forgot all about my other dates.

:lol:
LOL. Okay, that was funny.

Now put your real name in your signature or you're banned. :wink:

Re: How many Roman military dates do you know? - Watcher - 11-06-2008

Well, my real name is Watcher and is therfore disclosed.

Now, all you have to figure out is what language that "Watcher" is derived from, and what it means in English.

Then you will know my Christian name.

Smile

Re: How many Roman military dates do you know? - Robert Vermaat - 11-07-2008

Don't keep us in suspence and add it to your signature (profile). You're around for long enough to know that it's a forum rule.