RomanArmyTalk
The Evolution of your impression... - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Reenactment (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Roman Re-Enactment & Reconstruction (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: The Evolution of your impression... (/showthread.php?tid=18949)

The Evolution of your impression... - Magnus - 06-08-2011

Went through some of my older pictures, and I can sort of map out how my impression has evolved...anyone else have pics from "then and now"?

Re: The Evolution of your impression... - damianlz - 06-08-2011

Thats brilliant! I love seeing this kind of development and it really shows you have risen through the ranks :p

Re: The Evolution of your impression... - Gaius Colletti - 06-08-2011

Excellent idea Matt. I only wish I had been into this long enough to have pictures to compare to, let along have a completed kit...

Re: The Evolution of your impression... - Robert Vermaat - 06-08-2011

Quote:Went through some of my older pictures, and I can sort of map out how my impression has evolved...anyone else have pics from "then and now"?
Great idea Matt! Nice picture, I made one according to your example:

[attachment=1026]evolutionofRobert.JPG[/attachment]

Re: The Evolution of your impression... - Magnus - 06-09-2011

Very cool Vorti! It's fun to look back on those things...

Matt and Damo...start snapping pics now...

Re: The Evolution of your impression... - Medusa Gladiatrix - 06-10-2011

And I give you something to laugh now, starting with early summer 2006, late summer 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010. Unfortunately I don't know how to put all pix in a nice file like Robert and Magnus have done it :-(

Re: The Evolution of your impression... - Robert Vermaat - 06-10-2011

What do you mean, laugh? You look great! Rapid progress in such a short time.

Quote:Unfortunately I don't know how to put all pix in a nice file like Robert and Magnus have done it :-(
Easy!
[attachment=1047]evolutionofSvenja.jpg[/attachment]

I'll gladly do that for anyone who provides me with 6 images. It costs me about 7 minutes to do, or less.

Re: The Evolution of your impression... - Medusa Gladiatrix - 06-10-2011

Robert, Many thanks to put my six photos into one file :grin: Also thanks for your compliments on the evolution of my impression :mrgreen:

Re: The Evolution of your impression... - Paul Elliott - 06-18-2011

Started as 3rd century, moved into the 4th century, took a 1 year break, then jumped back into the 3rd century, with extra oomph... Smile

[Image: re-enact-timeline.jpg]

Re: The Evolution of your impression... - Paul Elliott - 06-18-2011

I see you got a promotion in 2010 Magnus!

Quote:Went through some of my older pictures, and I can sort of map out how my impression has evolved...anyone else have pics from "then and now"?

Re: The Evolution of your impression... - TDawson - 06-18-2011

Given the spectacular ignorance that prevailed generally in re-enactment when I started (1981), it is too horrible to contemplate!

Re: The Evolution of your impression... - Robert Vermaat - 06-18-2011

Quote:Started as 3rd century, moved into the 4th century, took a 1 year break, then jumped back into the 3rd century, with extra oomph... Smile
Impressive impressions Paul!

Re: The Evolution of your impression... - Magnus - 06-19-2011

Quote:I see you got a promotion in 2010 Magnus!

Yeah, I went from Optio to Centurion...I'm on the fast track for being promoted, but centurion is as high as I'll go.

Great pictures everyone!

Re: The Evolution of your impression... - Gaius Decius Aquilius - 06-19-2011

Quote:
Mithras post=290266 Wrote:I see you got a promotion in 2010 Magnus!

Yeah, I went from Optio to Centurion...I'm on the fast track for being promoted, but centurion is as high as I'll go.

Join the Specularii. Help overthrow current Emperor. Scheme and plot. Cultivate informants. Get the dirt on eveyone. You will be a Tribune in no time. Probably have to do mid-second cetury impression, but what the hell... it's an excuse for more armor.

Ralph

Re: The Evolution of your impression... - Paul Elliott - 06-22-2011

Quote:
Mithras post=290265 Wrote:Started as 3rd century, moved into the 4th century, took a 1 year break, then jumped back into the 3rd century, with extra oomph... Smile
Impressive impressions Paul!

I didn't include my forays into iron-age Britain WinkThats less of an evolution, more of a jump...