RomanArmyTalk
Legate/Tribune helmet hunt - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Reenactment (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Roman Re-Enactment & Reconstruction (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Legate/Tribune helmet hunt (/showthread.php?tid=13889)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Legate/Tribune helmet hunt - QVINTVS ARTORIVS CORVINVS - 10-28-2008

Does anyone know where I can get a decent Legate helmet, like Deepeeka AH 6210 or better?

Thanks,

Phillip

Re: Legate/Tribune helmet hunt - Decimus Claudius Drusus - 10-29-2008

I have been searching for one as well. I do not believe i have seen that deepeeka model you listed. Do you have a pic or a link?

Re: Legate/Tribune helmet hunt - Magnus - 10-29-2008

Hey Phillip...you still looking for a centurion's vitus? I spoke to my buddy who works at the winery, and they trim and prune the vines in the winter. Anyway, he said I can have as many as I want...so if you're still interested and can wait till the snow falls, lemme know.

Re: Legate/Tribune helmet hunt - QVINTVS ARTORIVS CORVINVS - 10-29-2008

Matt,

Does a chicken have a pecker?? :lol:
Absolutely, sign me up for a few!

Decimus:
http://www.deepeeka.co.in/italic.html

Scroll down and you'll see it

Re: Legate/Tribune helmet hunt - Tarbicus - 10-29-2008

There are these guys in Australia: HELMET

Re: Legate/Tribune helmet hunt - QVINTVS ARTORIVS CORVINVS - 10-29-2008

Thanks Jim... I wonder if that is a Deepeeka?
Also wondering how slaughtered I would get with shipping from there :roll:

Re: Legate/Tribune helmet hunt - Mithras - 10-30-2008

Well, its $100 to the UK. If you sign in, the postage should be pre-calculated for you.

Quote:Thanks Jim... I wonder if that is a Deepeeka?
Also wondering how slaughtered I would get with shipping from there :roll:

Re: Legate/Tribune helmet hunt - rusty myers - 10-30-2008

We could order it, I know Deepeeka has some in country, I am just behind adding stuff to the website. We saw it up close at Roman days and I think I even took some pics of it.

Re: Legate/Tribune helmet hunt - arklore70 - 10-30-2008

Here are a few pictures of the Tribune Helmet from Roman Days that Rusty mentioned.

Re: Legate/Tribune helmet hunt - QVINTVS ARTORIVS CORVINVS - 10-30-2008

Damn... that is pretty sweet! Is that the next gen version?
And I wonder what the price would be on such a beasty?

Re: Legate/Tribune helmet hunt - Tarbicus - 10-30-2008

Why are these attributed to tribunes and legates? Is it Hollywood? I can't think of a single representation of a tribune, legate, or even Emperor wearing one of these, but plenty of Praetorians and unallocated troops.

Re: Legate/Tribune helmet hunt - Magnus - 10-30-2008

I was going to ask the same thing...I'd personally prefer the Greek style attic helmet with a nice plume. (available thru deepeeka)

Actually, a legate or tribune impression could probably get away with not wearing any helmet...?

Re: Legate/Tribune helmet hunt - Gaius Julius Caesar - 10-30-2008

Why? Because most identifiable representations of these people are shown bear headed?
I wouldn't go into battle bear headed!

Hell, I wouldn't even go into battle without a scutum, especially if I was a centurion or above... Confusedhock: :o

Our 'leader' was well knackered at the Wickerman by a Caledonian witch
armed only with a wooden pole...poor bas*^£d!! Confusedhock: Confusedhock: :lol: :lol:

Re: Legate/Tribune helmet hunt - QVINTVS ARTORIVS CORVINVS - 10-30-2008

Consider how most Lords and Dukes (or higher) have their portraits taken in full armour sans helmet... Show off the splendour of your armour, but with a helmet on for the portrait, who would know it is you?

Anyone ever poke their heads through one of those painting standups at Disney? :wink:

Re: Legate/Tribune helmet hunt - Tarbicus - 10-31-2008

Quote:I was going to ask the same thing...I'd personally prefer the Greek style attic helmet with a nice plume. (available thru deepeeka)

Actually, a legate or tribune impression could probably get away with not wearing any helmet...?
You know, Matt, I absolutely agree with you there. Surely all representations of tribunes and legates (if they can be identified) are wearing Hellenistic helmets?

This type of helm (if it actually existed in reality) is surely a common soldier's helmet, and I include Praetorians in that catch-all.