RomanArmyTalk
BBC Photos : Romans marching in the streets of Rome - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Reenactment (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Events (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+--- Thread: BBC Photos : Romans marching in the streets of Rome (/showthread.php?tid=12428)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Re: BBC Photos : Romans marching in the streets of Rome - Gaius Julius Caesar - 04-26-2008

Of course it was, for me just to be in Rome was great.
But just want to remember it was a longer walk than it may appear to others! :wink:
Next time, we will all build camp at the end of the march!! :lol:

Re: BBC Photos : Romans marching in the streets of Rome - Gaius Antinius Salis - 04-26-2008

Salve,

Some of us from ROMANS IRELAND (VEX LEGVIII AVG) also took part.
We attended as part of LEG VIII AVG U.K. and All displayed as Part of DEVA VICTRIX. I must extend our thanks to Paul ( CENTURIO) D.V. for including us in the group, a great bunch of Guys all, it was truly fantastic to walk in the footsteps of the Legions of the past.

Re: BBC Photos : Romans marching in the streets of Rome - Gaius Julius Caesar - 04-26-2008

I believe I saw you speaking to some of our group Joseph.

Velite, the whole event was a great experience, as it was my first time in Rome as well! It is also the longest march I have made in kit, so it was a memorable experience for me in many ways.

I can't wait to go back again someday! Hopefully again in kit oneday too!

Re: BBC Photos : Romans marching in the streets of Rome - Andreas Gobinius - 04-26-2008

For me it was a great experience as well, because I was the first time a member of a legio and it was the longest and the first march too. But I have the same feelings as Byron`s thinking about the 2009 event in Rome Smile
Velite, your mistake is nothing serious of cource. There were many groups involved then one could make a mistake mentioning them but as an auxiliary "tiro" I fought that I have a duty to write about Polish Legio XIIII and correct this mistake. Smile

Re: BBC Photos : Romans marching in the streets of Rome - jvrjenivs - 04-26-2008

I surely going to join next time!

Re: BBC Photos : Romans marching in the streets of Rome - Velite - 04-26-2008

Quote:Next time, we will all build camp at the end of the march!!

Very good Idea!

Valete to all

Re: BBC Photos : Romans marching in the streets of Rome - M.V.L. Britannicus - 05-15-2008

AVETE OMNES,
I am Ben, Marcus Valerius Longinus Britannicus, Optio ad spem ordinis of the LEGIO XI CPF, VI Coors, I Manipulus, I Centuria.

I am member of the Gruppo Storico Romano of Rome.

Probably some of You have known me as the guy in charge for the organization of the Groups for the events of the Romae Dies Natalis AD 2008.

I have read some of your comments about the parade and the other events that took place during the celebrations of the Romae Dies Natalis of this year.

I am glad most of You enjoied the parade and in general the events who thay took part.

I am here even to ask You if You have some suggestions about the next Romae Dies Natalis AD 2009.

AVE ATQVE VALETE

Re: BBC Photos : Romans marching in the streets of Rome - Peroni - 05-15-2008

Quote:I am here even to ask You if You have some suggestions about the next Romae Dies Natalis AD 2009.

Our group (RMRS) had a wonderful time and we are still talking about it!

How about transport (a minibus?) to and from the Circus Maximus from your headquarters to ferry the very tired soldiers and civilians?!!?!!! Big Grin

Re: BBC Photos : Romans marching in the streets of Rome - M.V.L. Britannicus - 05-15-2008

AVE CARERRIME PERONI,

as about your group your Principales preferred to organize your stay indipendently and separately from all the other groups who were accomodated at the International Camping, in fact I only had the chance to meet David just before your departure from our site to the Circus Maximus.

I am sure we can do the preparade better than this year, but that was just the first attempt!

VALE SEMPER

Quote:Sorry Velite, but probably you have mistaken our Legio XIIII GMV from Poland with another group. I did not meet any legionary man from Portugal in Rome this day, especially from the Legio XIIII GMV Smile . What is the source of this list you wrote?

In fact AMICE, the Legio XIIII GMV as you say is from Poland, the mistake is due to the fact that in the list for the premilitary parade I put (P) without specifying if that was Poland, Portugal, Paraguay, Philippines, Peru, Pakistan or some other place :lol: :lol: :lol:

By the way, my compliments to your Centurio Kornel and to you all for your discipline and your professionality demonstrated, and especially for being on time at the parade this year!! :lol: :lol:

VALE SEMPER

Re: BBC Photos : Romans marching in the streets of Rome - Marcus Mummius - 05-15-2008

Quote:By the way, my compliments to your Centurio Kornel and to you all for your discipline and your professionality demonstrated, and especially for being on time at the parade this year!! Laughing Laughing

Probably they weren't told by the organisation crew to go to a toilet a kilometer further down a street, away from the Circus Maximus.
:roll: :lol:

Quote:
Quote:By the way, my compliments to your Centurio Kornel and to you all for your discipline and your professionality demonstrated, and especially for being on time at the parade this year!! Laughing Laughing

Probably they weren't told by the organisation crew to go to a toilet a kilometer further down a street, away from the Circus Maximus.

The GSR provided public toilets inside the Circus Maximus, unfortunately not all the organization crew (including myself) knew it! :wink:

VALE

Re: BBC Photos : Romans marching in the streets of Rome - Marcus Mummius - 05-15-2008

Quote:
Marcus Mummius:22lezors Wrote:

The GSR provided public toilets inside the Circus Maximus, unfortunately not all the organization crew (including myself) knew it! :wink:

VALE

Indeed, this we noticed when we finaly got back to the CM :lol:

Re: BBC Photos : Romans marching in the streets of Rome - Gaius Julius Caesar - 05-16-2008

Personally, it was an event I will remember for years Ben. Not sure if we met the day before when I dropped in and Nero made me welcome with some wine and cream cakes! :lol:

Re: BBC Photos : Romans marching in the streets of Rome - Iceman - 05-17-2008

Hi Ben,

What a great event it was, even in THAT heat. We were told it reached 25 deg so to find out it was 28 degrees Confusedhock: explains why we got so tired so quickly.

Well done on organising a fantastic spectacle for the thousands lining the streets and the many, many groups taking part.

Also, thanks for looking out for me when I was waiting for the rest of the Legio XX (I was the one who was stuck there from 11.30am until 8.40pm until the rest of the guys arrived).

Cheers mate.

Brutus.