RomanArmyTalk
"Armas de Grecia y Roma" by our Thersites - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Research Arena (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: References & Reviews (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: "Armas de Grecia y Roma" by our Thersites (/showthread.php?tid=11823)

"Armas de Grecia y Roma" by our Thersites - LUCIUS ALFENUS AVITIANUS - 02-18-2008

Hello

That week it will be edited a new book about ancient weaponry:

Fernando Quesada Sanz (ILustraciones Carlos Fernández del Castillo), Armas de Grecia y Roma. Forjaron la Historia de la Antigüedad Clásica. Editorial La Esfera de los Libros. Madrid, 2008
ISBN 978-84-9734-700-6

Knowing the particular style of writing of Quesada, sure it will be both didactic and scientific.

It's a RAT member: Thersites.

And, it's in SPANISH!

Re: "Armas de Grecia y Roma" by our Thersites - NightHunter24 - 02-19-2008

Ave Lvcie...frater!

Eso suena superbuenisimo. Please do let us know when it comes out. I would sure like to take a peak at it.

Smile

Re: "Armas de Grecia y Roma" by our Thersites - Iagoba - 02-19-2008

No me había dado cuenta que Thersites también está en el foro de la asociación española de esgrima antigua (AEEA) :oops:

I didn´t realize that Thersites was too in a historical fencing forum :oops:

That book is worth a look. Just for being in Spanish, and with those drawings... Big Grin

BTW: he was the one who give us the link to the "Gladius" online articles Big Grin

Re: "Armas de Grecia y Roma" by our Thersites - Thersites - 02-20-2008

Thank you César. There's a complimentary copy for you... Big Grin I'll give it to you at Tarraco.
Here's a link for the cover:
link from old RAT

Iagoba, I'm afraid I'm not only the chap/guy who provided the link for Gladius online. In fact, I'm the one who put it online... and the Director of both the Journal and Anejos. A bit tired, though... :?

Incidentally, it seems a bit odd to me that hundreds of people from RAT have visited our Gladius page, and downloaded articles... but no one commented on it or posted a reply in the two threads I placed in RAT to inform of the new policy of open Internet access. Sad

Re: "Armas de Grecia y Roma" by our Thersites - LUCIUS ALFENUS AVITIANUS - 02-20-2008

Thanks to you! I'll give you an "artifact" special made by me, you knows. Top secret, by now... :wink:

Re: "Armas de Grecia y Roma" by our Thersites - Gaius Julius Caesar - 02-20-2008

Sorry, is that the new book out on gladii? I am still waiting on a copy, as I was snubbed for first edition! Confusedhock: :lol: Or is this something else that I havew missed?

Re: "Armas de Grecia y Roma" by our Thersites - LUCIUS ALFENUS AVITIANUS - 02-20-2008

I don't understand. Please, read carefully the post and the book's title. :wink:

Re: "Armas de Grecia y Roma" by our Thersites - Gaius Julius Caesar - 02-20-2008

Quote: ....... Or is this something else that I have missed?

Oops, guess it was the latter then?