RomanArmyTalk
New recruits - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Community (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Round Table (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: New recruits (/showthread.php?tid=1)

Re: New recruits - Titus Flaminius - 06-20-2007

Thanks, I'm working on it. And after many years of school I just have to speak properly Big Grin

Re: New recruits - RobertB - 06-20-2007

Hi,

My name is Robert.
I'm a 29 year old Israeli.

Work in IT and am doing a BA/Bsc in Classics/Physics in my spare time Smile

Nice to be here!

Re: New recruits - Memmia - 06-20-2007

Quote:Hi,

My name is Robert.

Work in IT and am doing a BA/Bsc in Classics/Physics in my spare time Smile

Nice to be here!

Salve,

Classics/ Physics ?? Big Grin

Are you doing two seperate degrees or a combination degree ?

I'm about two thirds of the way through a part time BSc, but I'd like to do some Classical studies afterwards.

Good luck!

Legionnaire ring - mlucas - 06-20-2007

Hello,
I have acquired a silver and carnelian intaglio ring with inscriptions suggesting that it once belonged to someone connected with Legion XI. If anyone has expertise in these old rings, I would appreciate help with identification.
Mark

Re: New recruits - RobertB - 06-20-2007

Quote:Are you doing two separate degrees or a combination degree ?

Good luck!

I'm doing a dual major Bachelors degree
I've been a computer programmer for 11 years, I'm fortunate enough to be able to study without worrying about what I'll do when "I grow up".
Of course, this means I study very very very slowly Wink

reminder - Caius Fabius - 06-21-2007

Reminder!
Please read the list rules.
welcome aboard, y'all!
Do NOT forget to go to the profile page and create your signature block. You can put your real name, and a motto there, but don't write a book.
Please read the list rules.

did I mention reading the rules? :lol:

Re: New recruits - Peroni - 06-21-2007

Andrew wrote...

Quote:I professionally paint miniatures for Games Workshop and Citadel games. Though i've done more fantasy than historical

Interesting! I won the 1997 Demonslayer sword in the UK!

Welcome C.A. - Primitivus - 06-23-2007

Quote:Pompous version: As a former diplomat and, within that profession, an expounder of the principles of efficiency, the organisation and development of the Roman army and its constituent elements has long been a source of interest and inspiration.

Less pompous version: I have been interested in military history since I was in my teens. Ancient warfare and the organisation and logistics involved is a fascinating subject - and one which I find from this forum to be of great interest to manay many others. I hope to be able to learn a lot and contribute a little.
A particularly enjoyable introduction. Welcome to the community!

Welcome Steffen - Primitivus - 06-23-2007

Quote:In december 2006 I joined the Legio XXI Rapax, a group of legionaries in Hamburg.
Welcome to RAT. I hope you're enjoying your new adventures in reenacting!

Welcome Robert - Primitivus - 06-23-2007

Quote:My name is Robert.
As an Israeli, you should have some particularly interesting perspectives on Rome... I look forward to reading your posts.

Re: New recruits - silex - 06-25-2007

Hello all,

Just joined RAT. Had an interest in Ancinet History and Romans as long as I can remember. Born in Wallsend but now settled near Winchester after serving on the Grey Funnel Line (RN), working as a Sat TV engineer.
Excellent place this, lots of good info Smile

Welcome Simon - Primitivus - 06-26-2007

Quote:...working as a Sat TV engineer.
Hmmm... I'm just wondering how that profession would translate into the Roman era... They did use signal towers on occasion. Glad to have you joining us.

Re: New recruits - Olaf - 06-28-2007

Salvete,
Im from the Ruhrpott in Germany and have always been very interested in ancient history and warfare, as well as Martials Arts and the ancient ways of personal combat.
I started Reenactment about two years ago, beginning with Magyars of the Migration Period as I was always very fascinated with the nomadic cultures of the steps and was also practising archery at that time.
Then after attending a lot of Roman Events I was fortunate to get into contact with the Legio I Minervia Pia Fidelis form Cologne/Bonn and their Gladiatorial project wich I am now a part of.

As time and money permits I would also like to delve a little bit into other periods and cultures like the European Late Bronze Age (Urnfield to Hallstadt), the classical Thrakians and Scythians and Migration Period Germanics and early Vikings

I have already found this forum to be very informative, and I hope it will continue to enrich my knowledge

Re: New recruits - Jeroen Pelgrom - 06-28-2007

Welcome to RAT Olaf!

Welcome Olaf - Primitivus - 06-28-2007

Quote:As time and money permits I would also like to delve a little bit into other periods and cultures like the European Late Bronze Age (Urnfield to Hallstadt), the classical Thrakians and Scythians and Migration Period Germanics and early Vikings...
A man of truly diverse interests... great to have you as part of RAT.