RomanArmyTalk
Greek and Roman Armour Day - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Reenactment (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Events (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+--- Thread: Greek and Roman Armour Day (/showthread.php?tid=24773)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Greek and Roman Armour Day - Renatus - 02-20-2015

I'll look forward to it. We'll have to work out how we're all going to recognise each other.

Greek and Roman Armour Day - Longovicium - 02-21-2015

Indeed. I might be wearing a segmented helmet . . .

Greek and Roman Armour Day - Renatus - 02-21-2015

If you're serious, that would provide a rallying point!

Greek and Roman Armour Day - Longovicium - 02-21-2015

Now I am tempted - shame I don't have a draco standard . . .

Greek and Roman Armour Day - Vindex - 02-21-2015

Well, if there's more than one female going to be there I may make a draco Smile

Greek and Roman Armour Day - mcbishop - 02-22-2015

Quote:Well, if there's more than one female going to be there I may make a draco Smile
You'll have to be prepared to run across Russell Square with it to prove that it hisses in the appropriate fashion :-)
Mike Bishop

Greek and Roman Armour Day - Graham Sumner - 02-22-2015

Hi

I shall be going too, so will look forward to meeting other RATers.

Graham.

Greek and Roman Armour Day - FlaviusCrispus - 02-22-2015

Got my tickets too. Now, just have to get to London somehow...

Greek and Roman Armour Day - Renatus - 02-22-2015

Quote:Now, just have to get to London somehow...
I would start hitching now, if I were you!

Greek and Roman Armour Day - Vindex - 02-23-2015

Quote:
Vindex post=365586 Wrote:Well, if there's more than one female going to be there I may make a draco Smile
You'll have to be prepared to run across Russell Square with it to prove that it hisses in the appropriate fashion :-)
Mike Bishop

Careful, I like a challenge!!

Greek and Roman Armour Day - Graham Sumner - 07-09-2015

This event is not far off now, who is going?

I will be in Euston on the Sunday evening if anyone wants to meet up before the event.

Graham.

Greek and Roman Armour Day - Caratacus - 07-11-2015

Look for a short(ish) balding guy with a beard. Not wearing any form of armour, though!

Greek and Roman Armour Day - Macedon - 07-11-2015

I am planning to also be there with a pal of mine. If there is any plan of meeting up before or after the event for a drink or something, I would be delighted to come.

Greek and Roman Armour Day - Renatus - 07-15-2015

I shall be going down on the train that morning, so no chance of meeting on the Sunday evening, I'm afraid. Graham knows me but, for those who do not, I am grey-haired, have gold-rimmed glasses and will most probably be wearing a khaki gilet. I may also wear the ring-buckled belt that I reserve for Roman-themed occasions.

Incidentally, I have received a message from the Hellenic and Roman Societies that an exhibition of some of Peter Connolly's paintings under the title of Peter Connolly's Art of War is being held in the Combined Classics Library in the Senate House until the end of the month and that those attending this event will have the opportunity of seeing it.

Greek and Roman Armour Day - Nathan Ross - 07-15-2015

I'm hoping to attend, although I'll have to miss the morning session and arrive about midday.